DAY 1. FROM THE LAKES OF COVADONGA TO THE REFUGE OF VEGARREDONDA WITH ASCENT TO THE VIEWPOINT OF ORDIALES AND THE COTALBA PEAK. 11 km 600 m 300 m // Cotalba option: 350 m 350 m 2 km
Time: 6-7 hours
Meeting at 08:30 am at the Cangas de Onís Bus Station. Transfer in our vehicles to the Lakes of Covadonga, where we begin our first route: the CROSSING TO THE VIEWPOINT OF ORDIALES AND THE COTALBA PEAK. One of the most special journeys that can be done in the Western Massif. The views from the Mirador de Ordiales towards the Angón valley, the coast and the main peaks of Peña Santa de Castilla and Peña Santa de Enol are hard to beat. If we also save strength and can climb Pico Cotalba, the excursion will have been well worth it, since the panoramic view is impressive. I return by the same path and we sleep in the Vegarredonda Refuge. Dinner and accommodation.
DAY 2. FROM THE VEGARREDONDA REFUGE TO THE VEGABAÑO REFUGE. 16km 1.000m 1.100m
Time: 8-10 hours
Breakfast. Today we have the hardest stage. We left the refuge early and went up the Llampa Cimera to Collado Les Merines at about 2.100 m. From here we continued through Fuente Prieta to Jou Las Pozas through a lunar landscape area until we reached the Vegahuerta hut-refuge with magnificent views of Holy Tower of Castile. Then we will descend through the Canal del Burro and the Canal del Perro to the Collado del Frade and by a path with vegetation we go down to the Vegabaño Refuge (1.320m). Dinner and accommodation.
DAY 3. FROM THE REFUGE OF VEGABAÑO TO CAIN. 17 km 300 m 1.100 m
Time: 5-6 hours.
Breakfast. After the tute of the previous day, a route to enjoy, relax and prepare strength for the hard Canal de Trea that awaits us the next day. We leave the Refuge and ascend through the forest towards Collado de Dobres, from here we have beautiful views of the Valdeón Valley and the rest of the way is downhill through a beautiful forest until we first reach Caldevilla and then Soto and later Posada de Valdeón . Here we stop to eat and then continue towards Cain. Dinner and accommodation at the Diablo de la Peña Hostel.
DAY 4. FROM CAIN TO THE REFUGE OF LA VEGA DE ARIO. 7km 1.300m
Time: 7 hours.
Breakfast. Today we start with the famous Canal de Trea. We left Caín and entered the Ruta del Cares and when we passed the Bolín Bridge we left the Route to go up through a beech forest until we entered the Trea Canal. Now we have a steep slope at the bottom of the Canal until we reach the "Huerto Rey" a beautiful place through which the path continues to avoid the upper part of the Canal. We continue to the Collado de las Cruces and then the path marked with milestones to the Vega de Ario Refuge. We rested with wonderful views. Dinner and overnight at the refuge.
DAY 5. FROM THE REFUGE OF LA VEGA DE ARIO TO THE LAKES OF COVADONGA WITH ASCENSION TO JULTAYU. 10km 350m 900m Time: 5-6 hours.
Breakfast. To finish this incredible trekking we will climb to the summit of Jultayu (1.940 m). If there is another privileged place besides the Ordiales viewpoint In the Western Massif, it is the Jultayu Peak, where we will have incredible views of the entire Central Massif with its highest peaks: Torrecerredo, La Bermeja, the Picos de los Cabrones, etc. and the depth of the Cares gorge under them. We return to the Vega de Ario and from here the route is easy, practically all of it downhill and along a marked path. First a false plain up to the Collado del Jito with magnificent views of the Massif Central and then We cross the Jou Llaguiellu, the flock of the Bobias until we reach Lake Ercina, where our vehicle awaits us to take us back to Cangas de Onís.
• 4 Nights in the Refuges of Vega de Ario, Vegarredonda, Vegabaño and the Diablo de la Peña Hostel on a Half Board basis (Accommodation, breakfast and dinner).
• Technical sports guide in Medium Mountain.
• Security materials and logistic support.
• Liability and Accident Insurance.
• Transfers from Cangas de Onís.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
• Foods. Meals will be picnic, except in Posada de Valdeón where you can eat in a bar-restaurant. For the first day you have to bring food from home and the rest of the days you can order a picnic in the shelters.
• Cancellation insurance. (Ask for the price if you are interested).
• This trip is carried out with a minimum of 4 people, if 15 days before departure, the minimum number of participants has not been covered, the company may suspend the activity, refunding the full amount of the reservation or offer an alternative price for be able to do it with less than 4 people.
• This trip is subject to the very common adverse and unforeseen conditions of the environment in which they take place and of the people who participate, so they may suffer changes before or even during the activity (weather, unexpected changes, physical problems of the participants, etc.)
• To confirm the reservation, you must make a reservation deposit (indicated in the information). The rest of the payment is made a few days before arrival.
• The reservation can be canceled up to 15 days before the date of completion with a cancellation fee of €50 for minimum management fees, cancellation and expenses incurred in the accommodation reservation, returning the rest of the deposit made.
• With less than 15 days prior to the development of the activity, the cancellation will mean the total loss of the payments made.
• If any of the participants had to leave the trip early for reasons beyond the control of the organization, it would also mean the total loss of the payments made.