This Picos de Europa Trekking covers the 3 Massifs, the Western or Cornión, the Central or Urrieles and the Eastern or Ándara, in its 3 provinces, Asturias, León and Cantabria, sleeping in small hotels and one night in the mythical refuge of Collado Jermoso and also enjoying the rich gastronomy and culture of the peoples of the Picos de Europa.
DAY 1. VEGABAÑO FORESTS AND ASCENSION TO PICO JARIO. DISTANCE: 14KM DIFFERENCE IN LEVEL: +900M -900M
Meeting at the Cangas de Onís station at 9:00 am. We begin this magnificent trekking through the Western Massif on its León side. First, we moved with the vehicle to the town of Soto de Sajambre, before crossing the gorge of the Beyos or river Sella. From Soto, we start walking through a beautiful beech forest to the Vegabaño refuge. the meadow of Vegabaño and its beech forests is one of the most spectacular areas of the Picos de Europa. From the refuge we continue to Pico Jario, where we have a great panoramic view of the Picos de Europa, the Cantabrian Mountains and the entire Sajambre valley. Return to Soto de Sajambre and transfer to Boca de Huergano, making a stop in the town of Riaño. Dinner and accommodation.
DAY 2. EXCURSION TO COLLADO JERMOSO. NIGHT IN SHELTER. DISTANCE 8KM GRADIENT: +700M – 400M
Breakfast. Today's route will take us to one of the most beautiful places in the Picos de Europa, the Collado Jermoso Refuge. The route runs from Valcabao to the Collado Jermoso Refuge through the Pedabejo Canal, passing near the spectacular Vega de Liordes and continuing through the Farallón de las colladins until you reach the Collado Jermoso Refuge. Without a doubt, the sunset from Collado Jermoso is a unique experience. Dinner and overnight at the shelter.
DAY 3. FROM COLLADO JERMOSO TO FUENTE DÉ. DISTANCE 12KM GAP: +150M -1.150M
Breakfast. Today's route passes through one of the areas of greatest ecological value of the National Park, the Vega de Liordes, with the presence of species such as the Cantabrian brown bear, wolf, deer, wild boar or chamois, to mention only the largest mammals. Already in Liordes there is a rich mountain flora in the pastures of this magnificent plain. The route also has important elements of human presence, such as the remains of the old Liordes mines, which were accessed by the vertiginous path of Los Tornos. We finish the route in Fuente Dé. The last part, which goes down the Tornos de Liordes, is done self-guided, while the guide returns to look for the van and meet all together in Fuente Dé.
In the afternoon, we will visit a liquor cellar to see how the famous Orujo de Potes is made and we will also take a walk around the medieval village of Potes. Dinner and accommodation in Espinama.
DAY 4. ROUTE TO LOS HORCADOS ROJOS AND CABAÑA VERONICA. DISTANCE: 12KM GAP: +800M -800M
Breakfast. Today we make the route from the Mirador del Cable to Horcados Rojos through the Fuente Dé Glacier Circus. The summit of Horcados Rojos (2.502 m) is a magnificent balcony inside the Massif Central, accessible from its NW slope, which is reached via a mountain path that starts from the upper station of the Fuente Dé cable car. Throughout the route, the essence of the high mountains of the Picos de Europa can be appreciated: vegetation adapted to the harsh climatic conditions, rocky landscape with sharp peaks, alpine birds. On the way back we can go through the unique refuge of Cabaña Verónica and return again to the cable car that descends us back to Fuente Dé. Transfer to Arenas de Cabrales, crossing the Hermida Gorge. Dinner and accommodation in Arenas de Cabrales.
DAY 5. PANORAMIC VIEW OF THE ORANGE TREE OF BULNES FROM THE EASTERN MASSIF. DISTANCE: 10KM GAP: +350M -350M
Breakfast. To finish this trekking, we need to go the Eastern Massif, perhaps the most unknown to the public, but also of great beauty. We are going to take a route with fantastic views of the Massif Central and its emblematic peak, the Naranjo de Bulnes. Transfer to Cangas de Onís. End of services.
Accommodations where you spend the night:
Tierra de la Reina Hotel, Remoña Hotel, Villa de Cabrales Hotel, Collado Jermoso Refuge.
These accommodations are subject to availability at the time of booking, if they are occupied others with similar characteristics will be offered. The night that you sleep in the Collado Jermoso Refuge, are communal rooms.
Price per person:
€560 in a double room // €635 in a single room.
• 4 nights.
• 4 breakfasts.
• 4 dinners.
• Fuente Dé cable car roundtrip ticket.
• Tasting of liquors in the pomace cellar.
• The 5 excursions detailed in the program.
• Transfers in a 9-seater van.
• Guide qualified in Medium Mountain.
• Liability and Accident Insurance.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
• Foods. The meals will be picnic, the day before you can buy everything you need.
• Cancellation insurance.
€560 in a double room / / / €635 in a single room
• This trekking is carried out with a minimum of 4 people, if 15 days before departure, the minimum number of participants has not been covered, Rumbo a Picos may suspend the activity, reimbursing the full amount of the reservation or offering an alternative price to be able to do it with less than 4 people.
• This trekking is subject to the very common adverse and unforeseen conditions of the environment in which they take place and of the people who participate, so they may suffer changes before or even during the activity (weather, unexpected or sudden changes in flow, physical problems of the participants, etc.)
• To confirm the reservation you must make a reservation deposit(indicated in the information). The rest of the payment is made a few days before arrival.
• The reservation can be canceled up to 15 days before the date of completion with a cancellation fee of €50 for minimum management fees, cancellation and expenses incurred in the accommodation reservation, returning the rest of the deposit made.
• With less than 15 days prior to the development of the activity, the cancellation will mean the total loss of the payments made.
• If any of the participants had to leave the trip early for reasons beyond the control of the organization, it would also mean the total loss of the payments made.