The enclave of Cadavedo was awarded the prize most beautiful village of Asturias in 1954. Today it occupies what was once the site of the medieval port of Vallenarán, which used to hunt whales. It's about a small labyrinth of asphalt alleys between overlapping granaries, casinas with manicured gardens and smug Indian villas.
Cadavedo: The Regalina
We get closer to the coast, ascend to the call Chapel of La RegalinaWhere a festival declared of national tourist interest is celebrated and every year it brings together hundreds of visitors. It is one of the most popular festivals in the Valdesano council and with the greatest cultural projection of the summer in Asturias. It was in 1931 when Padre Galo, poet and writer, founded this traditional pilgrimage. The Virgen de la Regla, who gives the place its name, appeared in a chestnut tree according to local stories and a collection was made to make the field of the festival its own, as well as to build the chapel.
Without going down to the beach yet, we can continue enjoying the high coast. A little further west is Villademoros, where stands an ancient Roman tower reconstructed by Asturian kings in the ninth and tenth centuries.