The Casa de Aldea La Tilar del Valle is in the upper part of the village of La Cortina, in the Natural Park of Las Ubiñas-La Mesa (Landscape protected for its beauty and its habitat of the bear and other protected species). Area declared a Biosphere Reserve. It is a detached house restored in 1998, divided into two floors.
In the council of Lena, located in the south-central Asturias, in the middle of the Central Asturiana Mountain, is Valle del Huerna, within the Cantabrian Mountains. Furrowed
along the Huerna river and under the watchful eye of Peña Ubiña (2417 m. altitude and recognized as the second most beautiful mountain in Asturias).
A paradise with a very diverse flora and spectacular fauna: chamois, Egyptian vultures, capercaillies, otters, dormice and one of the last refuges of the bear.
* Nearby we have temporary works of the Asturias-Madrid AVE (tunnels of 26 Km that cross the Cantabrian Mountains) that can be of interest for their size. The environment continues to preserve the outstanding characteristic nature of the area.
The house with more than one hundred years has been restored conserving stone and wood and enhancing its rural and traditional flavor. The comfort is the maximum to make a comfortable and pleasant stay. Equipped with a refrigerator, butane gas fire, microwave, washing machine, TV, heating and wood burning fireplace (its use is paid separately).
The house has two floors and two bathrooms. On the ground floor there is a room and living room-kitchen. On the second floor (former loft) a beautiful room with bathroom and Asturian corridor.
Abroad two terraces facing the mountain, with two barbecues and a natural solarium resolano. All kinds of nature and mountain activities as well as skiing in Pajares, San Isidro and Fuentes de Invierno.
· On the ground floor is the living room, butane gas kitchen, fireplace, full bathroom, washing machine, TV and a double bedroom.
· On the upper floor there is an attic room with a full bathroom, a double bed and a sofa.
· It also has a balcony with views of Peña Ubiña and the outdoor barbecues on its terrace.
You can do almost all kinds of activities and sports related to nature, such as hiking, horseback riding, climbing, paragliding, mountain biking, paint-balling, archery ...
Stands out for skiing and other active tourism activities Valgrande-Pajares Ski Resort, 25 minutes. 1,15 hours from Fuentes de Invierno and San Isidro.
45 m. from León, 2,5 h. from Valladolid, 3,5 h. from Madrid, Burgos, La Coruña and Vigo, and 4 hours from Bilbao and 7 hours from Seville. The excellent communications by highway from Campomanes, allow any activity in the center of the region -Oviedo, Gijón and Avilés- (40 minutes approx.).
La diversity of activities, includes among others:
· Beaches in the center of Asturias.
· Small fishing villages.
· Pre-Romanesque art in the same Council of Lena and Oviedo.
· Museums of industry, mining, steel, rail, cider.
· Angliru climb. -Sense of the Bear.
· Somiedo Natural Park (Biosphere Reserve).
· La Cubilla Port, in the Natural Park of Las Ubiñas-La Mesa, where we are located.
· Massif of Las Ubiñas, high mountain, with more than 58 peaks of more than 2.000 meters of altitude, in just 10 km2.
The access is by the AP-66 (Asturias-León highway) to Campomanes (exit 64) and from there travel 10 km. by the local road LN-8 towards Puerto de la Cubilla.
The reception, for your convenience, is in our Hotel EntreRíos.
We are 30 min. from Oviedo, 45 from Gijón (and other beaches), 50 from León, 2,30 am. from Valladolid or 3,30 h. from Madrid and Coruña. And 7 hours from Seville.