In Somiedo, as is logical in a municipality of 300 km2, there are thousand and one possible routesSome of these itineraries have been signposted, many others have not. It is convenient to start on the signposted routes, which are a lot and sufficient in principle for any self-respecting hiker.
Trekking 5 days in Somiedo
Five intense days, with accommodation included, to visit the main attractions, peaks, lakes and brañas, of this natural park….
What routes to do in Somiedo?
Route of the Camín Real de la Mesa -La Bustariega, GR-101
· Route of the Camín Real, GR-101 // Route of El Cornón, PR. AS-10
· Route of the Braña de Mumián, PR. AS-11
· Route of the Brañas de Saliencia, PR. AS-12
· Route of Castro, PR. AS-13
· Route of La Peral - Villar de Vildas, PR. AS-14
· Route of the Pigüeña Valley. La Pornacal, PR. AS-14.1
· Route of the Lakes of Saliencia, PR. AS-15
Lagos de Saliencia
There are no words to describe them. You have to see them. The Saliencia lakes are a diamond in the rough, one of…
Route to the braña de Sousas
One of the most representative settings of pastoral life, a unique landscape in which man and…
· Route of Braña de Sousas, PR. AS-16.1
In order to obtain more precise information on the itineraries that suit each one and to obtain first-hand information, graphic documents and maps, it is best to approach the Park Interpretation Center which is in the capital of the municipality: Pola de Somiedo.
Spotting bears in Asturias
It is estimated that the bear colony exceeds 200 individuals, mostly in western Asturias: in...
Text: © Ramón Molleda for asturias.com