DAY 1. Arrival in Pola de Somiedo. Reception and explanation of the program. Dinner and accommodation. (For those who come by public transport, they can be picked up in Oviedo).
DAY 2. Breakfast. FARRAPONA-SOMIEDO LAKES-LOS ALBOS-LAKE VALLEY.
Distance: 17 km Elevation gain: 700m 1.100 m. Linear Path.
From the natural pass between Saliencia and Torrestío, the Alto de la Farrapona, we will begin our route, we will visit the glacial lakes of Somiedo and its meadows of historical transhumant use, to deviate from the main route and undertake the ascent to the Albos massif, which is they rise up constituting an autonomous mountainous nucleus, of carboniferous limestone, on the head of the lakes of Valle, el Negro and el Cerveriz.
After a short but strong ascent we will reach the Eastern summit, from which we will obtain a unique view of the lakes and the mountain range, we will descend to the pass to climb to the next summit, the Western Albo. Here a new landscape opens up with the Valley of the Lake. We will descend to the lake by the SW slope where we will link the route that descends through the beautiful glacial valley, now with firm ground we can calmly enjoy the landscape that surrounds us up to the Valle de Lago town. Transfer to accommodation. Dinner and accommodation.
DAY 3. Breakfast. ASCENT TO CORNÓN PEAK.
Distance 16,5 km. Ascent 750 m. Descent 750 m. Round trip route.
Today's route begins from the town of Santa María, we will climb the best-known peak of Somiedo: El Cornón, from which you can enjoy incredible views of the entire Natural Park and the surrounding mountains, such as Ubiña or El Cabril, on clear days it is also possible to see the sea. Combining mountain meadows with areas of brooms, we reach height until we find vegetation and high mountain terrain. From Vega Penauta we will give a view of the Cornón, glimpsing the route to follow along its eastern shoulder. The white quartzite summit is covered with lichens, which, depending on the light and humidity conditions, give it different colors. The return will be made by the same path. Transfer to accommodation. Dinner and accommodation.
DAY 4. Breakfast. BRAÑAS DE SALIENCIA - CAMIN REAL DE LA MESA.
Distance: 14 km. Ascent 700 m. Drop 700 m. Circle route.
Alpine route, which runs through very varied landscapes: leafy forests, narrow limestone gorges, aerial ridges, extensive meadows, well-preserved corros brañas and that runs along a path that is more than 2.000 years old, the Vía Romana de La Mesa, which preserves still parts of the original cobblestones and the ancient Roman thousands.
We will begin by crossing the town of Saliencia, to take the Fóz de los Arroxos path that, after a continuous ascent, ends at Braña la Mesa, a spectacular group of huts with stone slab roofs. From here we can make a small circular route with the intention of seeing the small lake of Llau la Mesa and even the Muñón peak, returning again to the braña de la mesa. From this point we will take the Camín Real de la Mesa through different groups of teitos and brañas in an incomparable setting, until we reach the town of La Endriga. From here we will continue along a path close to the Saliencia river, until we reach Saliencia again. Transfer to accommodation. Dinner and accommodation.
DAY 5. Breakfast. BRAÑAS VAQUEIRAS AND ASCENSION TO PEÑA MICHU.
Distance: 12 km. Ascent 400 m. Descent 400 m. Circle route.
The route of the Brañas Vaqueiras de Teverga has currently become one of the most popular walks for the enjoyment of this Asturian council full of environmental and cultural treasures such as its bear forests or its teitu huts of ancient pastoral culture. This circular route that joins several brañas, adds the extra attraction such as the ascent to Pico Michu, a fantastic viewpoint of this entire area of Tevergana and at the same time of a large part of the neighboring council of Somiedo, which we have traveled during the previous days. Farewell. For those who have come by public transport, they will be taken to Oviedo.
● 4 nights at the Hotel Casa Miño or Castillo del Alba.
● 4 breakfasts and 4 dinners.
● The 4 excursions mentioned in the program.
● Qualified guides.
● Transportation from the hotel for all excursions.
● Liability, Accident and Assistance Insurance.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
● Meals: Meals will be picnic.
● Cancellation insurance.
€520 in a double room /// €595 in a single room
• This trekking is carried out with a minimum of 4 people, if 15 days before departure, the minimum number of participants has not been covered, the organizing company may suspend the activity, refunding the full amount of the reservation or offer an alternative price to be able to do it with less than 4 people.
• This trekking is subject to the very common adverse and unforeseen conditions of the environment in which they take place and of the people who participate, so they may suffer changes before or even during the activity (weather, unexpected or sudden changes in flow, physical problems of the participants, etc.)
• To confirm the reservation, a reservation deposit must be made (indicated in the information). The rest of the payment will be made a few days before arrival.
• The reservation can be canceled up to 15 days before the date of completion with a cancellation fee of €50 for minimum management fees, cancellation and expenses incurred in the accommodation reservation, returning the rest of the deposit made.
• With less than 15 days prior to the development of the activity, the cancellation will mean the total loss of the payments made.
• If any of the participants had to leave the trip early for reasons beyond the control of the organization, it would also mean the total loss of the payments made.