We will go up to the Covadonga Lakes in a private vehicle enjoying its spectacular beauty. Once there, we will a full-day guided hiking trail; Depending on the weather we will make one excursion or another. All of them are suitable for older children of 11 years. We leave the town of Ribadesella at 09:30 a.m..
There are three possible walks once we are in the Lakes of Covadonga, depending on the weather conditions of the day:
1 From Lagos to Vegarredonda
This route is of medium difficulty and will offer us wonderful views of Peña Santa de Enol, the highest peak of this massif. It runs through a beech forest and some meadows dotted with shepherds' huts.
The ascent can take about 3 and a half hours, and the descent about two and a half hours. Thus, it is a full-day activity taking into account transportation, the various stops to rest, and meal times. The route is approximately 11 km long, round trip.
· 2 · Circular route to the Lakes
Medium difficulty route that passes through the Belbín sheepfold, a small village of great ethnographic value, where the last shepherds who make Gamonéu cheese in the Picos de Europa live.
We will walk through a glacial valley where the remains of the mining past of Los Picos remain and we will return to Los Lagos through a spectacular cave. On this excursion we will literally step on the Lakes of Covadonga. The difficulty of this route is medium-easy. It is a route of about 11 km, circular, and whose maximum unevenness will be 400 m. It is an excursion that can take about 5 hours with the stops and explanations (these times will depend on each group).
· 3 · Route to the Gamonéu sheepfolds: Lagos- Las Bobias - Redondiella - Belbín - Lagos
Impressive circular route visiting the main flocks of Lagos de Covadonga. Medium difficulty tour through glacial valleys and with wonderful views of the Massif Central and the Cantabrian Sea.
It is a journey of about 11 km and with a drop of approximately 600 meters. During the activity we will pass through the two Lakes of Covadonga. The route will last approximately 6 hours with stops, times to eat and so on. Walking will be 4 hours and a half.
· It is necessary to wear suitable clothing and footwear for hiking (we are not in an environment shaped by man, we will move along cattle paths).
These are the current prices of the activity:
- Once the reservation is formalized, you will receive an email with the receipt of your reservation, telephone number and contact details of the adventure company in charge of carrying out the activity. A reference company in the sector.
- The time to carry out the activity may vary on some occasions, that's why in certain activities "choose approximate time" is clarified. Under normal conditions, this will be the start time of the activity, but if this is not possible, it will be adjusted to the most immediate time of the reserved time.
- The active tourism company has the seal of quality "Traveller's Choice" from Tripadvisor:
- It is an activity that can be done from the age of 11. The reduced price for children applies to children under 12 years of age.
- From March 1 to November 30. Over 11 years old.
- In case of reservations without an agreed date or reservations-gift, the activity can be redeemed at any time during the current year, but the client must contact the company in charge with 48 hours in advance to check availability. --------------------
The money refund due to customer cancellation is guaranteed as long as it is canceled 5 days before the agreed date (5% of the amount will not be refunded for online management fees). The client will also have the right to postpone or substitute another activity if he agrees. After the 5 days mentioned, the return of the reservation will only be made for very justified reasons. In the last case, if the client does not go to the establishment or to the place of the appointment before the established time, the reservation will be understood as canceled and will imply the total payment of the same by the client.
The money refund due to activity cancellation, due to extreme meteorological reasons or other force majeure factors that prevent the company from carrying out the activity, it will always be carried out without any type of condition, with the full repayment of the reservation payment, including management expenses.
The client has the obligation to inform about possible states of pregnancy, paraplegia or cardiovascular diseases before contracting any activity. Likewise, they agree not to be under the influence of alcohol, drugs and/or narcotics, as well as any other medication that may affect their ability to react.