The route to follow begins at the Collada de Arnicio (915 m.) (Km. 20,5 of the AS-254 road). At this point we approach this road with a clear descent in the direction of Infiesto for one kilometer, until we come across two crossroads of tracks that emerge to the right. For the second, we walk north under the Facéu mountain range between meadows and cabins, and in an undulating way to the sheepfold of Les Campes, where a large stable rises. We continue here with the march along the wide dirt track that replaces the old royal road in several sections, immediately running into a large livestock shed, all made of sheet metal and with little use, and failing to meet the objectives for which it was built ten years ago. At least the property should have been endowed with a design that harmonized with the history of the road and the surrounding landscape. As a member of the Board of the Parque de Redes, I argued against this mess without success. Once passed we continue along the main track and so we came to the sale of Frieru (857 m.) (3,8 km., In 1 h.), Old building located at the foot of the road. Frieru was a historical enclave on this road. In the fourteenth century its owner was the Count of Noreña, uniting their Asturian possessions with the Lillo tower. In this place already in the year 1385 a church was raised, Santa María la Real de Frieru; In 1734, the residents of Tozu transferred it to their town. Over the centuries, and with the construction of the road to Infiesto at the end of the XNUMXth century, the road as well as the sale of Frieru lost their prominence. The sale was later destined for livestock uses, although today it presents a regrettable appearance.
A little further on, at the height of the Gamonéu crossing, we leave the cattle track, which continues to the left in a western direction towards the town of Tozu through Les Vallines and the Labosu pass. U.S we continue to the right along the royal road, which loses some of its trace rising by Pandicuerries, until we ran into the La Llinar cruise, located under the slope of the Facéu peak. After another brief comeback we reached the same sheepfold, which is dotted with meadows, a fountain and stables. One of them, which is supposed to have been a sale, is rehabilitated. La Llinar was a meeting place for ancient travelers who had the hostel at their disposal, originally from 1766 and built by the priest of Tozu (975 m) (4,9 km, in 1 hour 50 min).
We continue with the historical path, which rises slightly between meadows and huts to the north, extending its good trace under the southern slope of the Sierra Facéu. Then we descend slightly through a large cut carved into the slope of more than 4 m. of length. The old path goes in search of the cruise and the La Llamosa pass, where a track descends to the town of Moro, soon reaching the Sellón jacket (798) (7,7 km., in 2 h. and 40 min.). Once here, the panoramic view includes the Peña los Tornos, Maoñu, Sierra de Aves, Niañu ... To the right of the jacket, the road goes down to Omedal and the ruins of what was once the parish church of San Lázaro del Sellón, dating from the year 1385, as well as the school and the sale.
We bypass the detour to Omedal and we continue along the historical path that takes us to the front through the entire hill of the mountain range of the same name. The path, recovered in these times, advances north with hardly any unevenness, exchanging the watersheds for the successive hills, flanked by the La Muezca peaks, the Cabezu Fuentes, and by the fork of La Ceniza peak. From now on we undertake a vertiginous descent under the La Roblosa hill, place where the path shows its walled trace as it passes through the Canalón, until it converges on the jacket of the Los Llanos peak pass. Here the road fades into bushes, but it appears among the same a path that replaces it and that guides us directly to the Consiella meadow, with its robust stone block in the middle of the oak grove. Afterwards, we follow the route that crosses some meadows with a tiny sanctuary and that communicates with an agricultural track that amplifies the royal road. We advance through it until we present ourselves in the ancient sale of Pandoles (469 m.) (12 km., In 5 h.), Currently converted into pastoral block. Further on, we find a crossing where we go to the left to initially go up a hill covered with oaks and also eucalyptus. Later, the mouth of the striking town of Lozana (336 m.) (13,3 km., In 5 h. And 45 min.), Distant 3 km. from Infiesto, where we end this hiking route.
Book «Routes through the mountains and the roads of Asturias»
If you want to know first-hand routes and places like this, we recommend you buy the book «Routes through the mountains and the roads of Asturias», written by Ángel Fdez. Ortega, one of the greatest connoisseurs of the mountains of Asturias ..
19,95€ VAT included