The beach is in the eastern end of the Valdés coast, near the border with Cudillero, two kilometers from the homonymous population.
The enclave of Cadavedo was awarded the prize most beautiful village of Asturias in 1954. Today it occupies what was once the site of the medieval port of Vallenarán, which used to hunt whales. It's about a small labyrinth of asphalt alleys between overlapping granaries, casinas with manicured gardens and smug Indian villas.
The Ribeirona, name that is also known as the beach of Cadavedo, awaits us down there. Has shell shape of 400 meter length, and can exceed 50.000 square meters of beach space at low tide. In it, sand mixes with boulders, blocks and rocky outcrops. Its transparent waters are ideal for swimming, diving and sport fishing. It has all kinds of services and equipment. In the vicinity we can enjoy somewhat more remote coves, some of which are difficult to access.
How to get there:
The beach has signposted access from the N-632, very close to the exit to Cadavedo, by a road that continues until you come to the indicator of the Hermitage of the Regalina. At that point take the fork to the right, which leads directly to the beach, at the end of 1,5 kilometers. At the end of the road there is a parking area. The beaches of its surroundings. El Churín and Tablizo or L'Abiera, have only pedestrian access, very complicated in the first one.
Text: © Ramón Molleda for asturias.com